Here in Alith, we want to maintain a home where members can enjoy the game in a pleasant environment. It's important to us that we have a positive, mature, respectful atmosphere where members can have fun, relax and express themselves without the fear of breaking "guild rules". We want to maintain our environment as a place where players respect each other, are courteous, supportive and don't create a negative atmosphere or conflict. It is also important for us to maintain our positive reputation with the outside community - we want to be the guild that everybody wants to join! In order to achieve this, we feel there needs to be "positive standards" set for all of us to uphold, but rather than forcing rules upon you, we prefer to set out some behaviour guidelines for us all to follow which will ensure we continue to be the best guild we can be.
Please be aware that it is a requirement to be the age of 16 or older, in order to be a member of Alith. We do not make exceptions on this.
Guild Chat / Public Chat Etiquette
- Guild members should all be mindful & respectful of others when chatting in guild chat. This includes avoiding innapropriate conversations or sensitive subjects which could make others feel uncomfortable or offended. (Including but not limited to topics of a sexual nature, strong language, religious / political views, etc)
- Guild Chat and Public Chat channels must NOT be used to express insults and negative opinions regarding other players in the game and their guilds. This puts Alith in a negative light and damages our reputation as a guild.
- Members should not participate in or instigate arguments with other players within public chat channels or guild chat.
- Members should be polite and courteous with each other at all times. Mistakes do happen and all members should be patient / understanding in these events. Insulting, name calling or being generally rude to others will not be tolerated.
- Racist, abusive or offensive remarks made to fellow guild mates will not be tolerated and could result in removal from the guild.
- Dissatisfaction with another player or guild should be discussed privately and any complaints wished to be raised must be sent privately to an officer or our guild leader to deal with.
- Although healthy debates are welcomed, arguments between guild members should be discussed in private and not publicly or in guild chat.
- Bullying behaviour or ganging up on members will not be tolerated.
- Messages that put Alith in a negative light should not be posted on public or guild chat channels.
- Consistent behaviour of encouraging or driving conflict, tension and negativity within the guild, will not be tolerated. We expect our community to help to defuse disagreements, and reach friendly, respectful compromise, not add fuel to fires.
- All members are expected to do their part in keeping the guild atmosphere friendly and positive. Any personal grievances or disatisfaction should be brought to a guild officer to be dealt with in private. Let's keep our guild chat channels a positive environment. Consistent negativity in guild chat, forum or discord is not fair on the rest of the community, and won't be tolerated.
- Finally, all members understand that Alith is an "English Speaking Guild" and therefore any conversations in alternate languages must please be kept away from guild chat and conducted in private channels. This is to prevent "cliques" or "groups" from forming and promote a feeling that we are all one family speaking the same language - while ensuring that nobody feels left out.
- Members who have been inactive within the game for a period of 1 month may be removed from the guild. When the Guild reaches maximum capacity, this period could be reduced to a limit of 7 days, should there be a waiting list of members wanting to join the guild.
- Any long periods of absence due to unavoidable real life situations, members should update their user profile to state that they are on a break (in the activity section) - this is the only way to ensure you are not automatically removed due to inactivity.
- Where possible, guild events and raids will commence at the time stated in the event calendar and signed up members must make every effort to be punctual. If you are late, the group may have replaced you. Please don't take offence as this is just to avoid the entire group from being delayed, nothing personal will be intended.
Guild Ranking System
- Senior Member
- Recruitment Champion
- Raid Leader
- Guild Officer
- Deputy Leader
- Guild Leader
All players who join Alith are immediately given the rank "Member". This is the starting rank upon joining the guild.
- In Alith we recognise our long serving members by promoting them to "Senior Member" rank based on length of time with the guild. Members who moved with Alith from ESO to FF14 (at launch) will also automatically be granted Senior Member status. Members who joined the guild on day 1 of launch, will also automatically gain Senior Member status.
- Having been in Alith previosuly, does not result in an automatic Senior Member promotion.
- The Senior Member rank is designed to encourage, promote and recognise loyalty and longevity in the guild.
- Members are automatically promoted to "Senior Member" rank once they have been in the guild for a period of six months, provided they are deemed "Active Members" and not long term inactive.
- We review all our members length of service on a monthly basis (roughly) at which point we will carry out any due Senior Member promotions.
- Length of service in the guild will be based on the members registration date on our website. If a "Senior Member" leaves the guild without plans to return, they lose their rank. If they re-join the guild at a later date they will start from "Member" rank again.
- If a "Senior Member" is removed from the guild due to inactivity and then returns at a later date, they will start over from "Member" rank but can re-claim their senior member rank after one month.
- If a "Senior Member" leaves temporarily with intention to return, and they have communicated this with an officer prior to going on leave, they will not be reduced to "Member".
- Members do not receive any additional responsibility or authority, once they reach "Senior Member" status. They are however recognised as long serving, experienced players who we hope will use their experience to help newer players where they need advice or tips on playing Final Fantasy XIV, as well as making them feel welcomed in the guild.
- Raid Leaders are responsible for forming, organising and leading large guild raid events (raids consisting of more than 4 players). This includes our Alith Academy Learning Raids.
- Raid Leaders will schedule a variety of Raid Events (both PvP and PvE) through use of our site guild calendar. Please see our Alith Academy & Raids section of the forum for more details.
- All members are welcome to sign up for Raid Events, by registering their attendance using our site guild calendar.
- Members who have signed up for the event will be given priority, followed by those signed up as reserves, and if still short, then the opening will be advertised in guild chat and anyone is welcome to fill the slot.
- Please show them your support and due respect by listening to their instructions during raids to give everyone their best chances of success.
- Guild raids will generally be led by either Officers or Raid Leaders (or both). Should there be NO Raid Leaders / Officers online, Senior Members may step up to lead the raid. Normal Members may of course lead raids too if there is nobody else available.
- Please ensure to enforce and respect our guild rules during these events.
- Members should contact the Raid Leader or Officer for an invitation into the raid event.
- Raid Leaders are only appointed through an interview / recruitment process. These vacancies will be advertised in the forum when they come up and members will have the opportunity to apply for the role.
- Guild Officers are responsible for the general supervision, management and support of the guild and its members.
- Guild Officers are involved and responsible for a wide range of guild operations, including recruitment, organising guild events, website administration, disciplinary action, and much more.
- Guild Officers are there for you, the members – so feel free to contact an officer if you ever need any advice, assistance or guidance in the guild and they will help wherever possible.
- Guild Officers are responsible for ensuring that Alith's rules and values are respected and adhered to. They maintain peace and harmony within the guild, and will step in to resolve disputes, disagreements or other kinds of disruption that may occur within the guild.
- We strongly advise that you contact and speak with our officers, in private, should you ever have a grievance or concern you wish to raise.
- If you ever have any new ideas or suggestions, again please contact an officer.
- Please show due respect to our guild officers – they perform a lot of hard work to help keep this guild running smoothly, sacrificing many hours of their game time, and they do this purely out of their love for the guild.
- Officers decisions on matters are final, any abuse or lack of respect shown towards our officers will not be tolerated.
- Guild Officers are only appointed through an interview / recruitment process. These vacancies will be advertised in the forum when they come up and members will have the opportunity to apply for the role.
- Please be aware that Officers may sometimes assist with performing duties in both Raid Leader and Recruitment roles from time to time.
We may introduce new ranks later on as we progress in Final Fantasy XIV.
- Alith members enjoy a free open guild bank in Final Fantasy XIV. This means that all members are able to access items from the bank (withdraw) and be able to donate (deposit) items OR gil into the bank too.
- It's not required for members to donate gold to the guild bank, but any gold donated will be used 100% on guild expenses such as event prizes, buying guild perks in game, etc.
- We would encourage members to only withdraw gear items, that are the correct level for your character, and that you intend to wear as an upgrade. Please do not withdraw items from the guild bank if you do not intend to use it as an upgrade (i.e. not sell it or trade it etc).
- You should not use the Guild Bank to store your own personal items. Anything that goes into the Guild Bank is donated to the Guild and you risk losing those items.
- You should not store an item in the Guild Bank that you intend to leave for a specific person. Rather post it through in game mail or trade it privately with the player because it can be hard to keep track and the item may be withdrawn by another member.
- The Guild Bank works on a first come, first serve basis. You may not 'reserve' items.
- Gear cannot be taken out of the main guild bank if the intention is to destroy it to be used as crafting material. If this was allowed, the gear items in main guild bank would get cleared out and lower level players in the guild who actually need the gear wouldn't have a chance.
- Officers may occasionally withdraw very low value "junk" items, in order to free up space in the guild. Should this happen, we will sell the items, and the funds will be stored in the guild bank to be used for guild event prizes and other guild expenses.
The guild officers will take care of ensuring the guild bank is kept tidy. Please refrain from "cleaning the guild bank" on our behalf. We appreciate that some of you would like to assist with this, but this has caused us problems in the past where we aren't able to easily identify occasions where members are "organising" the bank for us, or abusing the bank. We would ask that you allow the officers to keep the bank organised / tiday, and also avoid withdrawing items "in bulk". We trust all members to use the bank responsibly and to apply common sense. Feel free to take items that you need, and feel free to donate useful items in return - but please do not abuse the bank. We ask you all to use the bank responsibly, and do not withdraw items excessively. Any abuse of the guild bank, will not be tolerated.
In Game Guild Buffs
- Guild members are permitted to make an on the day, add-hoc request to change one of the running guild buffs to something different, for a temporary period of time.
- Requests should be made directly to a guild officer or leader, through whisper or discord message.
- The officer or guild leader, will then propose the change to everyone online at the time, and should there be no objections the buff will be changed accordingly.
- In the event that a member requests for the guild buffs to be changed back to the original schedule, this request will always take priority.
- Deviations from the schedule, will only happen (and remain active) while 100% of guild members online are happy with this.
- At the start of a new day, the guild buffs will return to the original schedule, until a new add-hoc request is made.
- All players wishing to join Alith are required to complete an application form & registration on our website.
- Please ensure to read through our rules section (this page) prior to applying to make sure the guild matches what you're looking for.
- Upon registering and completing the application form, applicants will be contacted by an officer via email with the outcome – this process can take up to 48 hours to complete so please be patient while we review the application.
- Your outcome email will provide you with further details and instructions.
Guild Grouping Priority / Team Work
- When planning an instance run or group session, such as dungeons, all members are expected to form their group with fellow Alith guild members as a first priority.
- If there are not sufficient guild members online or guild members are unavailable at the time, then members may resort to pug groups (groups with non-guild members). This is to encourage the guild to help each other wherever possible.
- If you have already joined a "Non Alith" party, or pug group, and are advertising in Alith Guild Chat to fill the vacant slots - we would ask that you make that clear to begin with. This is to ensure that whoever joins your group understands it's NOT an Alith guild group, before they join.
- Alith are not responsible for any bad experiences you have with "Non Alith" groups, this includes interaction with guilds in non-Alith Discord channels. We would encourage you to be cautious when joining non-Alith voice chat servers, as you never know what you will find there - nobody should feel pressured to join ANY Discord servers, that choice is always yours, and if you join non-Alith channels, you do so at your own risk.
- Rage Quitting guild instance runs is not acceptable. Any conflict between members must be dealt with in private and if you have started an instance run with guild mates, please ensure that you finish it (and have time to complete it).
- We appreciate that things in real life may come up on occasion which cannot be avoided, however quitting a group mid-way through instance because you are upset with another player or haven't got the groups consent to leave, will not be acceptable behaviour as it is unfair on the remaining members of the group.
- All Alith members are welcome to make use of our Discord Server to assist with communication during dungeon runs. A guide to setting up Discord is located in the guides section of our forum.
- We strongly recommend that guild members discuss and agree on roles, and looting arrangements / settings prior to the run starting – this is to avoid any conflicts / confusion during the run.
- Please read our Raid Leader rules sections.
- We expect that all guild runs and raids will be conducted on a friendly basis and in a patient and relaxed manner. Alith members are not to be made to feel inadequate on guild runs or put under pressure in any way and under any circumstances. Our ethos is to encourage, help and have fun and is at the core of our principles.
Live Streaming & Recording
As a guild, we'd like to invite & encourage you all to feel free to Live Stream / Record your adventures with Alith. As a guild, we don't want to impose loads of rules / regulations, but we would ask you all to adhere to & respect a few basic common courtesy guidelines.
When wishing to Live Stream or Record a guild PvP, PvE or Social event (including raids, dungeons, group activities, etc):
1. Please inform all participants in Discord that you wish to Live Stream or Record the event - and ask if anyone has any objections for you to proceed.
2. For those participants who aren't in Discord - please inform them in group / raid chat.
3. In the event one or more people in the group does not feel comfortable to be live streamed, please do not continue with the stream / recording.
4. Please ensure that Guild Chat is not visible in the stream / recording - if you wish to include Group / Raid chat - again please check that there are no objections first.
5. In addition we are aware that most streaming software/hosting allows a 5 -10 minute delay of the live stream and we would request that this should be in place for PvP streaming where possible.
If you are interested in having your Personal Live Stream Channel or Recordings featured on Alith-Cast, or would like to join Alith-Cast where you can Live Stream as part of the Alith-Cast team - keep your eyes peeled to our website regarding this.
Guild Loot Rules (Dungeons / Raids)
- All group members should agree on looting rules prior to starting a dungeon or group run.
- By default, we expect members to only roll on items as "need" in the event that they actually need the item as an upgrade on their own gear (not for crafting or selling purposes).
- If you do not actually need the item on your character, then we expect you to select the "greed" option.
- In the event that two or more of the group, require similar gear drops, we would ask that you share the loot fairly, ensuring that you all take turns on rolling "need" on those items. We want everyone to come out of the dungeon run, having attained a fair share of the spoils.
- This rules section may be updated, so please check back again.
Alts and Characters
- In Final Fantasy XIV, all players join player guilds with their "Character" rather than an account.
- This means that every character which you have in the guild, will take up one of our guild slots.
- Currently, we are inviting all members to add as many alt characters as they wish to the guild - however it is compulsory to update your member profile on our website, with the names of ALL your characters who are in the guild.
- Once the guild reaches maximum capacity, we will prioritise removing alts prior to removing actual members. At this stage, we may review our Alt policy, so please check back.
- When inactive characters are removed during our inactivity clear outs, alt characters will be treated the same as main characters. Once ALL your characters have been removed from the guild, only then will we assume you have left the game & guild alltogether, and we will de-activate your forum account, and will contact you by email.
The forum is designed for guild members to converse, exchange ideas and knowledge about the game. We encourage open and honest discussions around any topics you wish, with very few exceptions. The forum is there for your enjoyment and the benefit of everyone. It's a vital tool to keep us all close and connected and allows us to help each other and share our experiences. Although we recognise the Forum is a huge positive for us, it is not without its risks. We want to ensure that the forum remains a positive tool and is not mis-used to a point where it is a detriment to Alith and its great reputation. For this reason, it's in all our best interests to have a few house rules to prevent the forum being used for the wrong reasons. Please appreciate and respect the rules below - we expect all users to follow this.
- The forum must NOT be used to express derogatory opinions regarding other players in the game and their guilds. In other words please don't use the forum for "slagging" other players / guilds off. This puts Alith in a negative light and discourages others from using the forum.
- Please refrain from posting images of a pornographic nature. In other words, no porno please.
- Officers will remove images or content which may be deemed to cause offence to other members. Please post responsibly.
- Please refrain from posting images or content which could cause offense to other members.
- Although healthy debates are welcomed, any disagreements that escalate into full blown arguments should be taken away from the forum and settled in private conversations.
- We do not accept any bullying or ganging up on others within the guild or the forum.
- Please do not use the guild for commercial use. This includes advertising services which involve the exchange of funds. Social Events outside of the game you are organising and wish to invite guild members is acceptable.
- Please ensure that you mark any threads in the forum, which contain content which may not be suitable for work or under aged players, with "NSFW". This should be entered in front of the "Subject" of the thread. An example would be content which has strong language or images suitable for adults only (non-pornographic and non-offensive).
- You may only use this forum if you are a member of the Alith Guild.
- You may not post adverts for other guilds within our forums.
All guild rules regarding etiquette and behaviour towards one another, apply to our Discord chat channels.
All guild Forum and Facebook rules, apply to our Discord chat channels.
To join the Alith Discord Server, you will need to click on the Invitation link located here. If your Discord name is the same or very close to your Final Fantasy Character or Forum name, we will automatically activate your Discord account. If not, please ensure to add your Discord name to your Forum Profile here on our website, and then contact an Officer to inform us so that we can recognise you on Discord.
- When advertising for group members in Discord, members are strongly urged to post their advert in Guild Chat as well. This is to ensure that non-Discord users do not miss out on opportunities to join groups, and also to ensure that in-game guild chat isn't negatively impacted by Discord.
- While we welcome any chit chat and discussions in Discord, all important guild news, updates, and official discussions will continue to be raised in the Forum. Links to those forum threads may be posted in Discord to direct members to the forum to join in those important discussions.
- The Alith Discord server is only to be used by Alith guild members, unless authorized temporarily by an officer. Any members who leave the guild, or are removed, will be automatically removed from the Discord server.
- Discord server invitations are strictly not to be shared with players outside Alith, unless authorized by an officer. Alithians using Discord, DO have permission to send "Discord Invites" to other Alithians who have not yet joined Discord. A guild officer will have to approve the user before they can have access to the server however. Please ask if you would like to learn how to send "Discord Invites".
- During some large guild raids / events, Discord voice silence may be requested. During those times only the guild officers or raid leader should communicate to members via Discord (in voice). Guild Chat can be used to communicate between members and any suggestions / advice / contribution towards the raid can also be done through a private whisper to the raid / event leader.
- We encourage opinions / advice during raids, but to maintain order in Discord this needs to be done in a private whispers when the Raid Leader has requested for silence.
- We ask that raid members remain silent while the Raid Leader(s) is communicating instructions to the group.
- Members should always be courteous and polite within Discord. Speaking over others deliberately and repeatedly, is not acceptable.
- We would encourage everyone to use the Push to Talk function in Discord, to avoid accidentally talking over others or "hot-micing". You may be requested to change over to Push to Talk from the raid leader.
- Alithians are welcomed to add their friends from Alith to their friends list in Discord and are welcomed to use all chat features of Discord.
- Alithians may also use Discord to contact any of the Alith Management team directly, even when they are not online in game.
- Alithians should not use the Alith server to post recruitment adverts for other guilds, and should not post invitations to other guilds Discord servers in the communal channels.
Alith Facebook Group Rules
- All Alith guild and forum rules, apply in our Facebook group.
- Only members who are current existing members of Alith, registered on our site, are permitted to join our Facebook group.
- Members should refrain from posting any comments which could portray Alith in a negative light - any concerns Members have they should contact an Officer to discuss.
- Members should always prioritise our guild forum when wanting to raise discussions regarding the guild - this is to ensure that those who have chosen not to sign up to the facebook group, also get a chance to contribute to the discussion and avoid a "Them and Us" scenario.
- We want our Facebook group to promote and boost activity on our guild site, not detract / damage the activity there - so wherever possible please do post links to various discussions / threads in our forum.
- Only Alith Members will have access to post to the Alith Facebook Wall.
- Only Alith Members will have access to joining the Facebook group, and while content in the group will be visible to the public - the public will not be able to post. This way we will be able to share guild news / updates with the outside world. The Public will still NOT be able to comment on these posts - it will simply work as a news stream to the outside world.
- Please remember, that like our Forum rules, posting pictures / content on our Facebook page which could cause offensive to others or paint us in negative light, is prohibited.
- To join the Alith Facebook Group, members must ensure that their profile is updated with their Facebook Name. We will only approve / accept Facebook group members if we are able to find your Facebook name on your profile.
- Upon leaving Alith (the guild) you will be removed from the Facebook Group.