During the recent Live Letter from the Producer, we were treated to an early peak at what's to come in the next major content patch 5.4 "Futures Rewritten. With the Shadowbringers story brought to its conclusion in 5.3, we're all very intrigued to see where the story goes next, and this major patch is the start of that new chapter. The events that take place in patch 5.4, will be the beginning of the story arc that will lead up to the next major expansion - very exciting! Not only will 5.4 bring new story content, but we actually got a fairly chunky preview of some of the other content making its way to us. We won't have too long to wait either, as FF14 producer Yoshi-P also confirmed that we can expect to see 5.4 Futures Rewritten in "early December".
No doubt we'll get more details over upcoming weeks and we'll share them with you as soon as we hear them, but in the meantime, here's a summary of all the main features that were revealed, along with some very early screenshots & concept art for us to drool & speculate over!
- New Main Story Quests
- New Dungeon: "Matoya's Relict"
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon (Normal & extreme modes)
- Chronicles of a New Era Quests: "The Sorror of Werlyt"
- New Raid: Eden's Promise (Normal & savage modes)
- New "Unreal" Trial
- Blue Mage Updates (Level cap raised to 70, new spells & new gear)
- New Large Scale Multiplayer PvE Content "Delubrum Reginae" - 24 & 48 player
- Resistance Weapon Upgrades
- Crafting & Gathering Changes
- Skysteel Tools Upgrades
- New Treasure Maps & Dungeon
- Ocean Fishing: New routes & objectives
- Triple Triad Updates: New rules & tournaments
- Doman Mahjong Updates
- Final Ishgard Restoration Phase
- "Explorer Mode" - Explore dungeons freely without mobs, with mounts etc
- Job Adjustments
- Other Changes (Quality of Life)
- New instruments
- "Quick Materia Melding" feature
- Ability to link quests in chat
Click images below to enlarge
Belazaurs & The Alith Officers